Thursday, August 9, 2007

Cycling

On 28th of July, i was coaxed into cycling by friends who are fitness buffs. The route taken was around Bukit Damansara-Penchala Link-The Curve-Tropicana-DU-One Utama-TTDI-Penchala Link-Bukit Damansara.

We started RV at Bukit Damansara (nearby Rafidah Aziz'z house) at 715am. We were supposed to start cycling at 730am, however, a few of the guys who'd late nite entertainment came much later and delayed the intended departure time.

This is the first time i had join the cycling circle and these guys are bloody serious with the sport. I thot cycling would not cost much compared to my other liking such as diving or golf. However, i was in for a rude shock. The bicycle which these people are using can buy me a Kawasaki KRZ or even a second had Aprilia..!! One of them had Conaglo Dream, Tour De France replica bike which cost at least RM10k.... Geeeeez....

Anway, observing these people preparing for the ride gives me shivers as each of them were well equipped with biking suit (with lots of sponsor stickers), Oakley shades, fancy helmet, heart rate monitor, calorie counter bla bla bla. As for me, i wore my tennis shorts, tennis shoes, tennis shirt and tennis cap. I had no bike.

However, my friend Chipang was kind enough to lend me his 3k worth italian-made mountain bike for the ride. It is not the best machine for road biking but good enough for a beginner like who's seeking for an alternative cardio workout regime and hoping to burn extra calories along the way.




We were supposed to complete the loop back to Bukit Damansara which covers at least 30km in total. Well, the rest of the team managed to do just that....... except me.




Urrrghhh... i 'dropped' at around 24km mark as my butt was melecet and the heat was too strong. It was around noon when i stopped. Then, i pulledthe bike aside, lepak at rasta TTDI and waited for the rescue team to fetch me.
It was definitely a torturous ride (seat basikal tuh kecik siottt, although the owner said that the biggest size you can find in the market) but i dont wanna make any excuse for not completing the route. It was frustrating but for a first timer, 24km was not bad and there's only one way for me now...... to move forward....
We'll see guys.... on the next ride...








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Upiq,
wah respek sama lu la... I though cycling in KL/Msia can be very dangerous... Haiya if in Penang gua sudah kena lenyek lori besi skrap dah... I can see you lost some calories there! Btw I agree for a first timer 24km is not bad at all. Respect! You should come here and cycle more often and enjoy the scenery and fresh air. No lorry/vehicles can harm you here since bicycles share the same rules as other vehicles! Cheers...

nilki said...

Upik, aku baru jumpa Jeli kat Sommerset Spore..
aku habaq hang pom main beskal..
Jeli confuse ngan hang..dia pelik saiz ape beskal ko..
aku tak tau..Jeli tanya..hang blasah dia..
ni email dia
azli@albar.com.my