Thursday, May 8, 2008

Trying to tri

I dunno what have i done but i have just registered for the up and coming A'famosa Triathlon event happening this weekend at the A'famosa Resort Melaka.

Triathlon is a sport where an athlete has to complete three different disciplines -swim, bike and run (SBR) at one go. It is a type of endurance sport. It's not an easy sport. One has to have some level of physical and mental fitness/endurance to complete the distance. I have never done the three disciplines at one go but i have completed at least two of them at any one time in my weight loss training sessions.

For the A'famosa event, there will be two categories namely Sprint or Olympic Distance (OD) events.

Sprint event is where the participant will do 400m (swim), 15km (cycling), 2km (run) while the OD event the athlete has to complete 1.5km (swim), 40km (cycling), 10km (run).

I have entered the Sprint event but my mates are asking me to do the OD event.

A year ago, i would never imagined i'l be signing up for such an event but this year i felt a bit different. I hope i have the mental capacity to take me through this challenge. Breaking another mental block, i will. It is a personal challenge and the only person that i will be competing with is me. The only race that is running in my mind now is racing against myself.

Believe it or not, im trying triathlon.

7 comments:

Miss J said...

lu takde la badminton game this sunday??

Upiq said...

takde.

Yong ngan dhirah ganti wa.

k said...

dude, caya sama lu la. i m behind all the way u ok? once u done, u blanjah makan kari kepala ikan alrite?

ejay said...

ada x acara mandi kat bilik air cahaya then kasi sabuh jatuh atas lantai, pastu ambik balik sabun tu tanpa bukak pintu....

Upiq said...

Keat : Thanks mate. I'l dedicate this race to you too.

Wish me luck, guys.

I just wanna finish the race, regardless of the timing.

Ejay, ko nih mmg tak bleh pakai lar.

Anonymous said...

Keat, you nih kacau daun lar. The race is supposed to be dedicated to me & Faiq only..tetiba for Keat plak!

k said...

hehehehe...biasaq lahhh. jeles plak si yong nih....alahh.