Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Boy zero

It's been 7 days since the last time i did any active activity. When i say active activity, i refer to exercising with buckets of sweat and muscle aching. Some may say gardening, house chores, washing a car etc as active activity but i prefer hiring a grass cutter to maintain my lawn, a maid to do house chores, pay RM8 for car-washing. Yeah, lazy me.

Anyway, part of the reason for being inactive is because my son is sick. He has been having fever since last Thursday and today (tuesday, 1/4/08), his body temperature is still warm. The temperature is highest when night comes. I feel sad and worried whenever i see him coughing (with the crackling phlegmish sound), vomitting and sleeping during times when he would usually be running and jumping around the house.

Many have complained that my son is a hyper or glucose over-dose type but each time i see him lying sick and declining every offer for food (inluding his favourite ice-cream and Vitagen), it wrecked my heart. The normally chitty chatty boy hardly speaks during this suffering period. For the past few days, I can count how many times he speaks in a day when normally I would be tired in answering his innocent questions and fulfilling his demands.

It's easy to miss what is obvious and mundane in normal days. I missed his cute "Baba dah balik!!" shout whenever i enter the house. His favourite word is "mangkuk hayun" and he gets scolding each time he utter it for reasons deemed as "You must teach him properly!". But now, i am yearning for it.

Since he hasnt been eating much, i tried to feed him with hi-energy food that will boost his nutrition intake. They may sound like junk foods but I bought those with hi-nutritional values hoping that it would entice him into swallow something.

I bought chocolates. He doesnt want. I bought sweets. He doesnt want. I bought Glucose drink, he drank very little. I bought his favourite fruit, grapes, he shakes his head. He likes satay, i bought it too, he rejects it. As a father, I cant help but feeling useless, at times. Luckily, his loyal Transformer buddy is always there to provide him some consolation. He never sleeps without it.

We took him to see the Dr three time already, hoping and praying that he will get well soon. After three courses of medicine, he is still sick. I am puzzled how come this time the fever wont just go away and Dr has assured us that there's nothing peculiar about his fever unlike dengue, malaria etc etc.

Children are God given treasures and they come in shapes and sizes. I have one who carries none of his father's traits (so far, lar) and he gets onto his mother's nerves all the time. He can sometimes be naughty, demanding (lagi2 bila dia nak tengok Geng Bas Sekolah and Ultraman Tiga), stubborn, messy etc etc. However, he is also the angel of my heart and a bundle of joy. Waiting for him to recover is killing my heart and draining my energy from within. I missed him and his antics.

Boy, get well soon, so we can play together again. Please.

Amin.

3 comments:

Miss J said...

nak pelukkkkkkkk...... aiq tanak! phhhbbbtttttt RINDU!!!!

k said...

maybe yr kid will cheerup when he meets me....? lol. dont worry abt it, he will b fine, juz the weather babe.

Upiq said...

Keat,

aku rasa kalau dia tengok ko pakai bedak sejuk putih tuh, dia pon lari jauh 2 larr...