Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lovely weekend

WARNING !! this post in unnecessarily long winded and means nothing some. Stop here if you dont like reading my personal life activities.



I'm quite bored in the office now. Can't concentrate much, thus, Im writing here just to blabber.

I had a great weekend last week.

On Saturday, i went to play tennis with a few elderly friends and managed to whack 4 sets of social play. Then, i went for a short 3km run as i felt i need more exercise to satisfy the endorphin rush. Later, i went straight to service my car and wifey picked me up from the workshop. We went to Econsave to buy groceries, stocking up as our home supply is getting rather thin. Wifey prepared a good lunch - steamed fish with broccoli, cauliflower and carrot, fried mushroom with egg (my fav..!) and sauteed squid with peppered soy sauce. It's been a while since the last time we'd home cooked lunch due to my hectic work travelling in the past few weeks. In the evening, i went to repair my bicycle and costed me a freaking few hundred dollars..!! Darn. However, on the positive side, i can now fit into a cycling jersey and bought one too. I am not there yet but surely i'm closing in.

In the evening, we went to the pasar malam and bought my favourite Yong Tau Foo to go with chicken satay and peanut sauce. We brought them to my parents house and had dinner there. I had a good dinner with my family, catching up with siblings and listening latest family gossips. Oh yeah, im like to listen to gossips. Haha. Anyway, later i watched Akademi Fantasia 6 with my mom while munching kacanggg rebuih. I knew she's happy that i came and i tried to entertain her as much as possible. Btw, Faizal got kicked out and padan muka dia, nyanyi tak best langsung. Wa rasa wa sokong Nadia larrr....

On Sunday, armed with new tyres and eager to go cycling from Bangi-Bagan Lalang, i woke at 5am only to know that it was raining anjing dan kucing. Friends kept calling to cancel the cycling plan. Frust gua. However, since i was awake oredi and after the dawn prayer - i did quite a bit of house chores (sidai kain, lipat kain, masak air, siram pokok and kemas rumah wa cakap luuuu..). My wife must be proud of me. Hahaha... syiok sendiri. Anyway, as the wet morning greeted us, i ditched the cycling plan and went to the tennis court instead. God is great, the rain stopped once i got there and picked up the rolller to dry the court.

However, the best thing was yet to happen. Only a few minutes into play, my sister came to the court - it was a pleasant surprise as it was the first time that i will be exercising with my own sister. actually, i had texted her to join me for an exercise session the same morning but i didnt give much hope cos it is so hard to get her arse off her bed. Haha... Indeed, I was so happy. I ditched the game and went for a 3.6km brisk walking with my sister, only the two os us. We talked and talked along the way little did we realised that it was moons ago that we'd actually done something together. Personally, it was one of the moving moments of the week.

I had lunch at my parents house (again..!) and wifey wanted to exercise too..!! She wanted to do in the morning but abandoned it due to a severe headache attack. Anyway, later that evening after the rain had stopped - we went for a 40 minutes brisk walking around my parents area and sweated quite a bit. The terrain is undulating with a good combination of up and downhill. Again, it was another round of quality time spending together with closed ones and this time with beloved wife. We talked and chi chatted and gossiping along the way. hahah... best .. best..

I realised that walking is definitely one of the best way to be together and having a quite, personal yet fun time with your loved ones. It is a casual yet energy spending without stretching your physical ability to the limit. You guys should try it too.

It was by far, one of the best weekend i had for a long time especially the way i spent the time with my family. Im loving it...!!

9 comments:

izat said...

takpe upiq,
aku layan je ape kau nak cite..
walaupun ade among us nie kurang contribute...but doesn't mean we don't care bout this blog.BTW last month aku gie penang ,singgah kat usm jumpa Pow kat bakti(aku ingat2 lupa dia nie.. dia ada rekomen aku tempat2 value nak lodging...tq bro. ,mat le(azlan)budak s.comp sekarang tauke f/stat kat bakti tu....sapa lagi???bob bro air bakti dah tak nampak.semua tempat makan aku pegi ...except for hotel malaysia sup tropedo ,durian balik pulau cekik darah ,tari cafe due to insufficient time.my rating:- kueh teow gagak still the best (sani taste lame),inniras nasi daun pisang is a must have,sarip nasi kandar you're my number one stall...sayang telur sotong tak dapat di kesan.btw suri lama ,aku rasa yg. buat roti bom dah orang lain....mee pitchay same taste...sedaaap.that's it....sinopsis semua tempat yg.aku cover...see ya folks.

k said...

dude, kalo i cook and host lunch kat rumah i...u datang tak? i dah lamer tak steam fish. well, confirm takder babi punyer, but u ok tak? lol.

i miss uuuuuuuuuuuuu.........

Upiq said...

Have you cooked babi using the cooking utensils before? or have you eaten babi using the plates, bowls etc etc....? have you used alcohol to substitute any of the above?

If any of the answer is yes, then is a big No-No...

Keat, aper susah - ko belanja aku makan seafood kat Bagan, Klang or Umbai, Melaka jelahhh. sap sap soey...

k said...

itu mahal mar....kekeke. after all, i wanna pour all my love and passion into my cooking....juz for uuuuuuu.

Upiq said...

alarrr Keat,

Ko belanja aku Yong Tau Foo Uptown Damansara pon dah okay. Kari kepala ikan kat situ pon okay gak. Amacam? Jom layannnzzz...

Nanti aku gi umah in-law this weekend, aku call kau, k?

k said...

takleh la babe, i m going out to sea....arond tioman from friday to sunday. kalo u desperate sangat nak jumper i.....next week la...or kiter boleh jumper friday for kari kpl ikan mar....kan? lol.

Upiq said...

U pegi diving ker? or fishing? or candat sotong?

U pegi tak ajak i pon... tak nak fren larr..

k said...

i pi fishing dengan member jer. well, it's full house dah. u fish ker? well, to b frank, i was invited anyway, altho i hv been a few times dah. it's a membership thing, but i tag along as an invited guest jer. best gak. i hope u can cum along but not my call lah babe.

Anonymous said...

Keat, kalau Upiq ikut u, mesti passenger boat lain terjun laut bunuh diri bila dengar u all "bercinta"! Hahaha!!