Friday, October 12, 2007

Last day of Ramadhan

On the last day of Ramadhan, i had the chance to iftar at my mom's house. Btw, her health is in much better condition now compared to 4 weeks ago. She even managed to prepare us the last Ramadhan meal of the year. I am always spoilt of choices whenever i go to her house for makan2.

Well, mom has never failed to feed me with megalicious food and each of the dish is prepared with love and passion. I guess that's the secret recipe which every mom had and they poured it into their kids meal day-in day-out. Betcha no one will ever know how to duplicate your mom's cooking taste. Its never the same.

I dunno about y'all but i got these during my last visit there... enjoy...

Yummy.... BBQ chicken yet to be coated with coconut sauce..

BBQ chicken coated with spicy thick coconut sauce.. a.k.a. ayam percik....

Grilled crab....


I know many of you recognise these condiments that are served with white rice...

Fermented fish sauce a.k.a Budu (in the centre).... I'm in heaven..

Fried meehoon Singapore style.... sidap ooo...

Finally, iced rose syrup with condensed milk.... air bandung ais

A hearty meal was culminated with kids playing firecracker and bunga api to mark the end of Ramadhan...

I was tested and challenged during Ramadhan this year. It reminded me not to take for granted of life easily and not to forget to Him in our daily prayer. Surely, it had served as a great reminder and a dugaan from the Almighty..... Alhamdullillah...

Anyway, bye bye Ramadhan... i'l see you again next year, insyaallah...

No comments: