Friday, November 16, 2007

It's wet...again

Thank God It's Friday... TGIF... but it's wet...

It has been raining everyday since Monday. Gloomy and dark cloud hanging over KL constantly. Although it doesn't rain 24 hours non-stop but it rained in the morning, it rained in the afternoon, it rained in the evening and it rained in the middle of the night.

When it's raining, it shines out KL's famous character, Mr Taffic Jam. I was stranded in heavier than usual traffic jam everyday. My house is only 12km to the office but it takes more than an hour to get there. Coming back from work will be worse as every single hiways, road, slip road, side road, emergency lane, Smart Tag lane leading out of KL are clogged up. I guess SMART tunnel is not so smart after all as it was unable to multi tasks when it was closed for two days to facilitate flood mitigation efforts, thus, causing traffic chaos in return. This is also the time when KL drivers get the chance to demonstrate their true colours. We may not have the best driving attitude in the world plus a road system that doesn't self-educate our drivers but hey, we're KLites and that's how we drive!!! (sick, huh?). I doubt our drivers will ever change the attitude in the short-term but this is what makes us unique and interesting people. It symbolises KL and gives its vibrant, energetic image. I also salute to the many traffic policemen who brave out under the cold pouring rain to ensure that traffic flows are moderated at peak hours.

When it's raining, I will be stranded at the Wisma Central makan place and enjoy the extended lunch period. I feel useless and handicapped looking at the rain pouring hard on the tarmac with many others working class people, all sporting the similar looks. Some played with their handphones, some gazed into the sky aimlessly, some cuddled to warm up each other, some puffed smoke more than any other times, some looked worried maybe missing out on an important meeting etc etc. I find it hard to fully utilise the extended time without feeling uneasy and guilty for not being able to be at the working place honouring my duties and responsibilites to justify my paycheck.

When it's raining, it disrupts my training schedule. No walking, no run, no biking, no hockey, no tennis and no aerobic calorie-burning activities except pumping the dumb bells. I'm not a fan of working out indoors as i'm more of an outdoor person. That's why i've never been attracted to gym and subscribe to KLites craze of exercising in the city and in style. Fitness First, California Fitness, True Fitness, Celebrity Fitness, Fitness Concept are some of the many gyms that has cropped up the last few years and i must say that their gym has the most up-to-date equipments, personal trainers, fitness classes, sauna etc. Throngs of people especially the young and sophisticated, will rush over there in the morning (before they go to work), afternoon (during lunchtime) and night (after work). Many of my triathlete friends have encourage me to join the gym and increase my weight training to supplement my cardio workout but i have always given 'i'm not ready for it yet' reason to avoid it. Maybe it's time i think and consider it now.

When it's raining, it showered my blondy lawn and save my water bill. It gives a reason for me not to wash my car. I will spend more time with my family as i'm not able to do thing outdoors. I will plan to go back early from work and avoid the traffic jam. I will be back home for dinner with my wife and son. Wifey will serve freshly cooked food to ensure her family get a good warm meal. I will sleep well as i will not need the air-cond and save my electricity bill. I will cuddled my son closely fearing that he in cold and warm him with my body heat. etc etc.

In a way, this is God's way of telling us that in every sufferings there is joy. It's how we look at things and make the best out of it.

I guess my wet Friday is not so gloomy after all. Thank God It's Friday....

#Nikki - gi samayae wehhh...

3 comments:

Miss J said...

alamak syahdu.. oh man.. u r such a sentimental bloke. but i am loving it!

Upiq said...

This week, Yong takde and it gave me a unique opportunity to play with faiq and focus on taking care of him. Seeing him sleeping next to me and asking me for "garu bakang" is a blessing from Him.

nilki said...

weii..aku pi samaye kat sini..semayang masjid jalan sultan..near arab street..last week dia baca khutbah lam bahasa arab..dun understand..but later after pray, got translation version..